Our Board of Trustees
The Community School of West Seattle is a Non-Profit 501(C)(3) organization. The Board of Trustees is made up of current and alumni families as well as committed community volunteers.
Coming from a wide variety of backgrounds, each board member brings something unique and passionately works to ensure CSWS embodies our vision, mission, and values in our policies, financial practices, and everything we do as an organization.
Board of Trustees:
- Vanessa Longacre-Wilcox, Chair
- Marissa Chavez, Vice-Chair & Treasurer
- Megan McAlister, Member at large
- Stephanie Latif, Secretary
- Kristin Wiatt Hutchinson, Member at large
- Jess Andre, Member at large
- Marian Fink, Member at large
Joining the Board
Our goal for the Board is to have representation from current families, alumni, and community volunteers from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
The Board is interviewing for the following positions:
- Treasurer – Do you have non-profit accounting and/or budgeting experience? We are looking for a dedicated individual who is passionate about financial responsibility and stability.
- Secretary – Do you have a passion for organization and information sharing? The secretary is responsible for record keeping and management of our organization’s bylaws.
- Member-at-large – Fundraising Expertise. Looking for a member who has experience with grant writing and fundraising.
CSWS strongly values what diversity brings to our school and our organization. We are committed to recruiting, retaining, and welcoming students, families, employees, board members, and volunteers of any race, color, nationality, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family make-up or circumstances. Our goal is for the Board to reflect and embody this value.